To our youth- Early-bird Camp registration is quickly coming upon us. Please have your applications turned in by May 1st. Applications are available in the church office, on the desk in the library, or on the Indiana Disciples website, http://camp.indianadisciples.org/.
To our congregation— Camp isn’t just about our youth. At infant dedications we, as a congregation, offer our support and encouragement to the infant and their parents to help raise the child in a Christian manner. Each summer, we have approximately 15 youth attend summer camps, and this year, you can be a part of this opportunity as well. Please consider supporting our youth in one of the following ways…
– Pray for our youth as they prepare for summer camp, for travel mercies, and that they may draw closer to God and grow as Christians through their camp experiences this summer.
– Sponsor a youth. Each year it is a joy to send so many young people to church camp. Please consider helping offset a youth’s tuition through a donation. Your donation, along with the half-tuition camp scholarship the church offers, will allow for many of our youth to experience camp this summer. This year’s average camp tuition has increased to $270.
– Drive our youth to camps. Our camps start on Mondays and can be difficult for some families to get their youth to camps. The camps this year are stacked up, making it also difficult for some families to drive their youth to different camps all on the same day. Please see Rev. James if you are interested in providing rides to our campers.
– Consider being a counselor this summer. If you have a passion for Christ, like the outdoors, and enjoy spending time with youth, consider counseling one or more camps this summer. For every five youth we send to camp, we are asked to provide a counselor from our congregation as well. This is a great way for you to see what our youth experience, and give back to the greater church body. Information and registration forms may be obtained through the church office. There is not a fee to be a counselor.
– Ask our youth about camp when they return. Each youth brings back numerous stories and experiences they would love to share with you about their summer church camp experience.