Note of Gratitude:

“Thank you for your recent donation of clothing, personal items, and books.  We acknowledge with great appreciation your contributions to the families our agency serves.  As you know, many survivors and their children flee their homes leaving everything behind. Your contribution helps with this transition, and brightens their day.  Thanks again for caring and sharing.”  A Better Way Staff

Christmas in July:

We received many items including:  toilet paper, Hamburger Helper and Pasta skillet dinners, diapers, detergent, cereal, peanut butter, mac and cheese, soup, vegetables, tuna, and personal items.  Many, many items to help the clients at Christian Ministries.  In addition we received $55 cash donations. Thanks to all who shared.  What a blessing!

CROP Walk:

“Love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.”  John 3:18

Sunday, September 27th ~ Mark your calendar!  Why do we support CROP Walk?  Hunger is the world’s number 1 health risk.  It kills more people than AIDS, Malaria, and TB combined.  This year’s walk begins at College Avenue UM Church.  Registration is at 1:30 p.m., and the Walk begins at 2:30 p.m.  Sign-up for walkers will begin Sunday, September 6th, in the Rotunda.  If you cannot walk, please support one of Hazelwood’s walkers with your donation.  See Shirley Bookout to sign up, or for more information.  Walkers need sponsors!  This year, 25% of all proceeds from the walk will go directly to Christian Ministries food pantry.  The remaining 75% will help fight hunger globally.  END HUNGER WITH YOUR FRIENDS – ONE STEP AT A TIME – CROP HUNGER WALK, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27.


Blessings to all, Missions & Benevolence Team